1. 7 For All Mankind “The Skinny” Jeans: “I love the skinny jeans at Ellie. They have different fits and different shades, and they’re super comfortable.”
2. Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment: “If you want the lip balm you’ve ever had, I’d definitely recommend Sugar lip treatment from Fresh. They have a ton of different flavors at Houppette and they leave your lips feeling luscious and moisturized.”
3. Ella Moss Jadeynn Top: “This lace top from Ellie is fun and flirty, and super lightweight. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day, or any day after in the Spring because it’s so bright.”
4. My Not So Perfect Life Book: “Sophie Kinsella is one of my favorite authors. She writes very entertaining romantic comedies which is perfect for this month! I’m excited to read her new book.”
5. SkinCeuticals Neck, Chest, And Hand Repair: “In this dry winter weather, my hands get so cracked. I need to stay moisturized and SkinCeuticals works wonders. They have this product and so many others at Houppette.”
6. Kate Spade Glitter Heart Key Fob: “Kate Spade has cute, and quality-made accessories. I love the bling in this key fob and it will go perfectly with Valentine’s Day.”
7. Unisa Adivan Over The Knee Boot: “The over-the-knee boot trend is very hot right now. They’re stylish and make your legs look a mile high. I can’t wait to get my hands on a pair.”
8. Dean Davidson Faux Leather Leaf Choker: “Chokers are the “it” trend right now. I love this one because it’s simple and elegant at the same time.”
9. Kevyn Aucoin’s The Celestial Bronzer: “Houppette carries this bronzer and it’s perfect for this time of year to make yourself look less ghostly.”
10. Gorjana Power Gemstones Bracelet: “I’m always looking for new jewelry and No.109 has some really cute bracelets in stock. Their Gorjana bracelets come in several different colors and they’re perfect for stacking.”
Boss Lady is a series that shares personal insights from creative women in business.This week we chat with Maja Arnold, founder and designer of the gorgeous custom Maja Arnold jewelry. Maja shares her passion for typography, wearable symbols, and working with incredible people with inspiring stores.
1. First, tell us a little about yourself and your business. You have a background in typography, how do you incorporate that into your jewelry designs?
Typography has transformed my artistic expression and I want to help it transform yours. For many ears I travelled through Europe for the fashion industry, but when I experienced the inspiration and peace in the beauty of wearable symbols, it was transformative. My name is Maja Arnold, I’m the founder of Maja Arnold Design. Our mission is designing jewelry that creates memories and illuminates your soul! The artistic expression seen in typography as I have expressed it in wearable symbols came at first in the painful loss of one of my children and later in my son’s battle with cancer. I have a passion for typography and I want to bring this passion to you. The ease of the style and unpretentious, natural connection to memories and their inevitable feelings has always fascinated me. Each individual design based on the touchstone letters that are meaningful to you allowing anyone to keep you loved ones close to you hearts. This is also, if not especially true for meaningful and powerful events you have experienced throughout your life. As a prime examples, I design contemporary symbols comprised of the most meaningful works or initials, for each person, often of up to six letters, resulting in a piece of set of items completely original and unique. Each piece represents a personal, deeply touching story and transforms into wearable fashion of the high quality to be cherished for a lifetime. Made in Seattle, Maja Arnold Design necklaces are hand sketched, digitally rendered, wax molded and cast in pure silver or gold. Our design have been featured in Seattle Bride Magazine, Seattle Magazine, The Points Living, Vanguard Magazine, idazzle, Reflection Magazine and TV NY New Day Show. Currently at the Elements Gallery in Hotel Hyatt and on Display in Bellevue Square Mall.
2. Where do you see Maja Arnold in 5 -10 years?
My business is based on a very personal and meaningful story. The result is a creation of one of a kind jewelry that inspires and its meaningful in a very modern and artistic way. I would love to spread my story to as many people as I can over the next 5 years. Ultimate goal is to inspire people that will wear a Maja Arnold design creation. I created a column on my web site just for Inspiring stories.
I would love to share as many of these stories as I can to help others find their own story and possibly help them through difficult situations and times in their lives.
3. When it comes to building your brand and starting your company, what’s an important lesson each of you have learned?
The lesson of building your own company is being patient and believing in yourself.
4. Do I have a favorite design?
All of my designs have their own story. I love them all. Because so much of what I do is custom it is very hard to have a favorite.
5.What has been the best moment in your career?
The best moment in my career was (and still is) when my clients receive one of my designs and cry or tell me how much it means to them, and why. It is truly an amazing feeling.
6. If you could be any BossLady for day, who would you pick and why?
If I can be any Boss Lady for a day…. I would be Lori Greiner. She is a self-made inventor who helps so many people to be discovered with their new patents and new products. She gives people HOPE every day.:)
7. Do you have a dream client you would love to work with and if so, who and why?
What dream client would I want to work with and why? hmm. There is so many! My dream client is a client with an inspiring story:) I meet people these type of people on regular basis and I admire them so much by what they tell me that I cannot wait to design them their piece.
8. For all the young entrepreneurs out there, what advice would you give them?
For young entrepreneurs I would give them advice to “Never give up on your dream”, you can achieve anything you set your mind to.
The most exciting party of the year was once again a success! From Sarah Jessica Parker and Emma Stone to Reese Witherspoon, the red carpet was brimming with high-end fashion. We saw a-line skirts, extended v-necks and an array of color that set the fashion bar high for the rest of 2017. We LOVED our stunning client, Lilliana Vazquez in her Hayley Paige dress that had us all in awe. Also, take a peak at which celebrities won a vote from the Social Stylate gals as best dressed.
Image Via “Gina Rodriguez’ Golden Globes outfit is a beautiful blend of flashy and classy, very reminiscent of 1920’s Hollywood & the era of flappers. The silver color of the dress perfectly compliments her skin and to top it all off- her simple hair style and silver dangle earrings look absolutely elegant.” – Rachel
Thandie Newton Image Via “Thandie Newton’s dress was a stunning mix of simple and bold and the necklace draped down the back of the dress was the perfect touch.”- Jordan
Rachel Evan Wood Image Via “Rachel Evan Wood’s looked cool, fresh, and like a total badass.” – Sydney
Mandy Moore Image Via “Mandy Moore’s look was chic from head to toe. It was simple yet bold with minimal jewelry and a deep v neckline. She looked completely radiant.” – Colleen
“Kristen Bell has been a best dressed pick two years in a row! We loved the drama of the plunging neckline and her hair and makeup were perfection.”- Kelly
Naomie Harris Image Via “Glitzy gowns were a big theme at last night’s show, but we found ourselves thinking they were all gaudy or uninteresting…except for Naomie Harris. She looked sexy and sophisticated. We love the plunging neckline and the pale gold shade…and those statement earrings were killer.” – Lauren
Michelle Williams Image Via
“We imagine a lot of people hated Michelle’s look, but we love how she constantly makes unique choices. The lace off-the-shoulder dress and tied choker isn’t an ensemble that just anyone could pull off, but she nailed it. The combination paired perfectly with her pixie cut, minimum makeup, and porcelain skin.” – Lauren
Reese Witherspoon Image Via “Resse’s look is simple and elegant for the red carpet. The color made her stand out from the rest of the crowd and showed her beautiful curves. The necklace couldn’t have been a better fit with the strapless, deep-v cut of the dress. Not to mention, she rocked the leg slit!” – Aly
Lilliana Vazquez Image Via
Our client, Lilliana Vazquez looked absolutely stunning in her Hayley Paige dress for the live preshow on NBC. We are obsessed with the detail and color on her. Lilliana covered all of her favorite fashion moments, best dressed picks and top trends that were featured on the red carpet this year. Check them out below!