Now that Spring has officially arrived, it is time to transition your closet, pack away the winter boots and switch up your fragrance for warm weather. I know that for some women wearing the same perfume year after year can make it a signature, which is lovely. However, it is nice to make a change every now and again. No better time than the present to try something new.
If you are like me, April symbolizes the start of the self tanning season and I have yet to find a formula that doesn’t smell like sweat socks. Masking the stench with a refreshing spritz of perfume is my secret. I have listed a Super Six selection of my current obsessions and they are all available right down the road at my favorite makeup boutique, Houppette!
1. Leila Lou: Love the convenience of the roller ball packaging and the scent is a blend of pear, jasmine and fresh cut grass. Delightful.
2. Laura Mercier Almond Coconut: Doesn’t the name sound like summer? With notes of almond, coconut milk, jasmine and vanilla, you’ll love it.
3. Fresh Sugar Lemon: Always have a bottle sitting on my vanity. It is the ultimate in clean and refreshing. Perfect for hot days and steamy nights. Oh la la.
4. Bond No. 9 NY Central Park West: Smells like money…which, in this case, is narcissus, ylang ylang, gardenia, jasmine, linden, orris (? no idea), musk and white oak. People will stop you to ask what you are wearing.
5. Kai: This perfume is the preference of celebs like Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts and Naomi Watts (to name a few). The notes of gardenia, jasmine, tuberose and lily make it an Oscar worthy scent.
6. Creed Love in White: Described as having top notes of orange zest from Southern Spain (hello? that’s all the explanation I need) with middle notes of a worldly blend of blossoms, this sounds as romantic as it smells.
Do you prefer a lighter scent for the Spring and Summer? If so, what are some of your favorites?
*This article originally appeared on the Unionville Times