First, let’s discuss the importance of visual content; data collected over the past few years proves that visual content is dominant across all social media platforms. Here are the numbers broken down:
- Our brains process visuals 60,000x faster than text.
- Tweets with visuals get 150% more retweets.
- Relevant visuals with content have 94% more exposure than non-visual content.
- 63% of social media consists of visual content.
- 54% of internet users will repost visual content.
- In an ongoing research survey by Software Advice and Adobe, more than 80% of survey respondents pointed to visual content as being “Very Important” or “Important” for their social media’s marketing optimization. Hashtags and usernames were runners up in terms of importance.
To recap, visual content is the key and can tremendously optimize your marketing on social media. However, it can be difficult to create visual content time and time again. So here at Social Stylate we came up with 4 easy ways to find inspiration to create compelling images for your content:
- Look within your company’s brand and leverage knowledge from within to help communicate your company’s values to the right audience. There you will even find underlying industry trends and insights for you to utilize.
- Host a survey or contest. Surveys and contests can be used to collect data of what your target audience wants, responds to, and engages in.
- What’s trending now. Sites like Google Trends and Mention look at popular ideas and conversations happening on social media. This is also an organic method to find visual concepts from images and memes that are popular.
- Look at your company’s old visual content. What worked and what didn’t work? Capitalize on what worked! This blog post here describes creative ways efficiently re-use content.
Where do you find your inspiration for creating compelling visual content?