New York Fashion Week just ended and we’re obsessing over some new colors for this season. Today, we’re shopping local fashions and accessories in Claret, a deep berry red.
- We picked out the Deborah Lippmann “since I fell for you” polish at Houppette.
- We love this Joy Susan wristlet from Christina’s. It comes in many different colors perfect for every season.
- This Gorjana Power Gemstone Bracelet from No.109 is made of Garnet and promotes energy. It’s the perfect accent to any outfit this fall.
- Cosabella undies are always a must have and Houppette has a variety of fall colors.
- We’re obsessing over this Lace top from Joie Clothing we found at Ellie. It’s the perfect top to layer under a leather jacket.
- The new 2017 Jaguar F Type from Union Park comes in a beautiful, eye catching red that’s perfect for turning heads this season. A girl can dream right?
- Cashmere is a fall/winter must have and this White+Warren Cashmere Travel Wrap from No.109 is the perfect way to keep warm as the temperature drops.
- Stay cozy all fall and winter with this White+Warren Cashmere V Neck sweater in our favorite fall color, also from No.109.
- This By Terry lip stick in Baby Brick from Houppette is the perfect color for the season.
- Fashionable workout wear? Yes, please! Can’t wait to wear this Beyond Yoga Mesh Tank from Houppette to the gym.
We love the idea of nail art; but, it is always a challenge to find something trendy that doesn’t seem too childish. While scrolling through Instagram, we found this great picture from A Piece of Toast. The red and pink geometric design is subtle enough to wear to work without raising eyebrows.
Mastering the art of this type of manicure takes patience and practice. There are a million tutorials out there in cyberspace, but we like this one from Style Motivation. With thirty-eight different options to choose from, there is a design for everyone.
Sultry summer weather and wearing opened toed shoes increases the frequency of our visits to the nail salon. In an attempt to cut down on the amount of time we spend staring at a shelf lined with a thousand different polishes, we figured we would do some research. This great post from Total Beauty provides pretty options for your mani/pedi. They also suggest a few basic guidelines when making your selection:
- Choose shades that flatter your skin tone.
- Create contrast. Nothing looks more askew than two colors that are only slightly different — it makes your color choice look like an accident.
- Don’t choose two super-loud colors. Painting neon shades on toes and fingers is too much.
What are your favorite colors to wear together?
Question of the Day: If you HAD to choose only one….which would it be? Mani or pedi?
Tougher than Sophie’s Choice, I think….