From holiday shopping to this season’s beauty must-have, there’s a lot to be excited for this month! Here are 10 things we’re loving this December:
- This Thursday, December 1st, stop by Houppette and No. 109 Shop for Girl’s Day Out in Kennett Square! Enjoy fabulous perks from your favorite beauty and fashion brands. Plus, snack on holiday treats from Nourish (in the morning) and Talula’s Table (in the evening).
- With help from Janssen’s Market, don’t fuss over what to bring to a holiday party this year! Visit in-store or on their website to see what’s cooking.
- December 1st-4th, Ellie on the Main Line hosts a Nora Gardner Trunk Show with holiday exclusives and festive fun! Also, starting December 12th, they extend their shopping hours for holidays. View the complete schedule here.
- On December 2nd, enjoy a cozy First Friday Art Stroll in Kennett Square with hot cocoa and see the new holiday decorations in town.
- This season, it’s all about luxurious full eye lashes and we’re obsessed with Battington Lashes that offer easy to use and natural looking styles. Plus, we couldn’t be more excited about our client, Lilliana Vazquez of the The LV Guide, as their new Creative Director!
- December 3rd & 4th, stop by the Kennett Creamery for the Holiday Village Market featuring local artisans, food trucks, live music, and more!
- Take the kids on the Santa Claus Express to see all the holiday lights and decorations through the neighborhoods around Ashland Nature Preserve. Rides run on Saturdays and Sundays this December.
- In a funk about to buy people this year? Look no further than ‘Steals & Deals’ on the Today Show for great gift ideas brought to you by Jill Martin.
- Revamp your home this holiday season with fabulous items from Angerstein’s Building and Design Center. We’ve already added a few things to our holiday wish list!
- From ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ to the biopic titled ‘Jackie’ with Natalie Portman and the laugh out loud ‘Office Christmas Party’, there’s a lot of fun new movies to see this month!
1. March is Women’s History Month and on March 8th thousands of events are held throughout the world to celebrate women‘s achievements and inspire the world for the International Women’s Day, check out #MakeItHappen and #ListenLearnLead.
2. Celebrate March 17th for St. Patrick’s Day with fun and delicious cocktails like the Irish Castaway.
3. Ring in the first day of spring with a gorgeous new terrarium from Terrain.
4. Beginning March 27th, Kate Winslet stars in a french historical period piece called A Little Chaos. The trailer looks beautiful as Kate plays a freethinker gardener at Louis XIV’s Versailles.
5. Take the opportunity to stash digital devices to stop and smell the roses on March 6th and 7th for National Day of Unplugging.
6. Starting March 20th, watch cuties Shailene Woodley and Theo James in Insurgent, the second installment of dystopian trilogy Divergent.
7. Don’t forget to turn all clocks ahead one hour on March 8th. We may lose an hour but at least the days will be longer and soon the weather will be warmer!
8. Warmer weather is right around the corner and so should a new pair of sunglasses. We’re lusting after J Crew‘s updated version of the aviator.
9. Make the mornings easier and perfect the beach hair look with Rockaway’s Salt Spray.
10. The fashionable and fabulous Sarah Jessica Parker turns 50 on March 25th. Have you seen her new shoe collection?
This week is all about L-O-V-E and what better way to celebrate the sentiment than with your favorite romantic comedy. Whether you watch Billy Crystal idiotically ignore his feelings for Meg Ryan or Patrick Dempsey ride off into the sunset with his sweetheart, you’re sure to be smiling from ear to ear. Plus, they’re great to watch with your favorite fella. Sure, they’ll pretend to think these movies or lame, but let’s be honest….they secretly love them too!
A few faves…
Can’t Buy Me Love – A young Patrick Dempsey tries to be one of the cools kids in high school by paying the most popular cheerleader to date him.
Crazy, Stupid Love – As if anyone needs a reason to see Ryan Gosling without his shirt.
The Proposal – If you haven’t seen The Proposal I propose you run, not walk, to the closest Target and buy it. You’ll definitely watch it over and over.
When Harry Met Sally – Is there any movie that better answers whether a man and woman can just be friends?
Desk Set – Nora Ephron’s (writer of movies like When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless In Seattle) parents wrote the screenplay for this comedic classic about two strong personalities who clash at work.
We, girls of Social Stylate, have SUMMER on the brain! Carroll suggested this amazing book of summertime photos including the (stunning) work of Carlos Alejandro! Lauren kicked back and watched 2 movies this weekend that she LOVED: The Way, Way Back and Enough Said. Sydney is armed and ready for outside plans with this all natural bug repellent. And, I am determined to learn how to do THIS to my hair!