While we have our own best practices, we find it useful to attend marketing conferences throughout the year. It’s always helpful to hear what works for others and there’s always new tricks to learn. As you may remember, a few weeks ago we shared with you tips on creating images here, which we learned at Bloggy Boot Camp. Today, we compiled the simple social media tips that speakers at the conference shared with us. The purpose of these tips are to make you more social media savvy, increase your followers and save you time.
Tips for Facebook:
1. Facebook likes high contrast images. These images tend to stand out more and thus, more eyes are likely to see it.
2. Uploading images as a PNG file is crucial, this eliminates the blurriness of your images on Facebook. Furthermore, brand your images to you as to not confuse your audience.
3. Boost at least once a week. Think of boosting a campaign rather than boosting old content.
4. However, post old content. This is an easy way to save time and promote your hard work!
5. Get to know your analytics. Facebook has a great free tool that can show you what works and when it works.
Tips for Twitter:
1. Twitter is about conversing with other people. However, you should also use it as a way to bring traffic to your site or other relevant sites via sharing a link. Sharing is key on Twitter.
2. Don’t auto feed your posts to your Twitter. Rather, creating a new tweet specific to your post will perform better. However, this isn’t the case for linking your Instagram with Twitter (more below).
3. Look up hashtags that are interesting to you and jump in on the conversation. This will keep you relevant and increase your chances of working with other brands.
4. Converse with brands that are relevant to you and that you would love to work with. Twitter is great for making connections.
5. Include your URL in your bio to maximize your about me page.
Tips for Pinterest:
1. Ever go on a Pinterest rampage? Now is the time to change that because it clogs the feed. We’re guilty of it too but you have to be more strategic. People get bored if you’re pinning different versions of the same thing so create a secret board and pin from there throughout the week.
2. When you’re repinning, make sure that the link is safe and working.
3. Find relevant pinners or boards to collaborate with. You will gain their followers eyes and vice versa. Plus, more inspiration for you!
4. Take an extra moment to fill out the description. Pinterest now allows you to search more efficiently so your pins have a better chance of showing up with relevant searches.
5. Share old content from your site or other platforms to increase your traffic.
6. The Pinterest feed likes vertical images rather than horizontal images. A vertical image will stand out and thus, perform better.
Tips for Instagram:
1. Participate on Instagram. Much like the other platforms, Instagram is about sharing and conversing.
2. Look up relevant hashtags to interact with, which will gain you more engagement and inspiration.
3. Again participation is key so comment, comment, and comment! People are more likely to share the love if you do the same.
4. Linking your Instagram to Facebook and Twitter will gain you more eyes and save you time from creating separate posts for each platform. Although, we don’t recommend doing it for every Instagram post, rather space it out for what’s relevant at the time.
5. Running contests on Instagram is a great way to gain more followers and engagement. Promoting on other platforms will also increase your traffic.
Hope these tips help you with your social media! If you have any tips to share, we would love to hear from you.